Don’t be fooled by the name, although they taste like a dessert you really could not get a more balanced snack (or meal.) I give these to my kids as quick breakfast in the morning on the way to school and also eat them post work out.
8 pitted dates (The first time I baked with dates I didn’t even realize they had pits! So I thought it’s important to state the obvious here.)
1 cup cashews (soaked for a couple hours in water before hand.)
1 can chickpeas
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut sugar- this is completely up to you, if you’re coming off a bad sugar habit you might need a bit more sweetness I personally don’t add the extra sugar but my kids won’t eat them without it
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp oil (I prefer coconut)
1. Soak the cashews for a least 2 hours.
2. Add all the ingredients to the food processor, depending on your preference for sweetness you might want to add a couple more dates, so just try it first.
3. Use the oil to grease a muffin tin.
4. Scoop the batter into the tins and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Put into the freezer.
5. Once you’ve frozen them you can store in the fridge, I just find the freezing helps them to form a solid shape. Be cautioned as with most delicious things these can be a bit gooey once they reach room tempature.