These bars are a healthier take on the classic Rice Crispy squares, plus they are completely vegan. Great for snacking or an on the go meal!
- 3/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup black strap molasses
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal (I suggest not using PNG Rice Krispies and going for a brand that is labelled GMO free and preferably organic)
1. Line a 11X7 baking pan with parchment, make sure there’s extra paper hanging off the edges- it makes it easier to press the crispy mix into the pan.
2. Boil the maple syrup and black strap molasses on high for a minute, stirring often.
3. Remove from the heat and whisk in your peanut butter, coconut oil and cocoa, whisk until the mixture is smooth.
4. Sprinkle in your sea salt and then slowly fold in your rice cereal.
5. Press the mixture in your pan, this is where it comes in handy to have the extra parchment paper, I place my over top and use it to press the crispy mix firmly into the pan.