I love this vegan recipe because it’s packed with veggies but the walnut meat and guacamole make it feel very indulgent. What I do is place all the sides on the table and then let everyone build their own fajita’s.
4 peppers, orange, red, yellow or green
1 clove garlic
1 ripe avocado
1 tbsp cilantro chopped
salt and pepper
1 cup walnuts
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of paprika
pinch of sea salt
pinch of cumin
sprouted grain tortillas (if your gluten free go for corn or flaxseed wraps.)
1. Heat the oven 350 F, then start chopping all your veg and heat up a skillet with oil.
2. First add your onions to the skillet, let cook for a couple minutes and then add the rest of the veg.
3. Toss your walnuts in the oil and spices then transfer to a baking sheet, put in the oven and toast (takes about 15 mins but watch them.)
4. While your walnuts and veggies are cooking roughly chop your spinach and tomatoes then transfer to a dish.
5. Begin to assemble your guacamole by mashing up the avocado and mixing in the lime juice, cilantro and sea salt.
5. Take your sautéed veggies and transfer to a holding dish, cover with tinfoil till ready to serve.
6. Transfer your toasted almonds to either a food processor or blender and pulse. roughly 30 seconds until you get the texture of ground beef.